This weekend I’m working on a small pan and tilt camera mount. I bought an inexpensive Pan/Tilt bracket from Amazon for $8. You get what you pay for I suppose, because it doesn’t quite fit anything right. It will work to test with but I thought it’d be nice [now that I have a reference] to tweak the design and make it work for my needs. In particular, a camera mount that holds my camera and a forms to fit a full servo horn rather than needing to trim them down. The one I bought not only needs the ends trimmed, but the width of the arms as well. There was also a clearance issue, so I added a little space. Here’s the design so far:
The problem is that I didn’t draw draw this with my printer in mind. I need to add more tolerance that I did and the foot prints can certainly be improved. The side arms in particular are going to be modified to print better. In the meantime, I got the code working well enough. It really was a matter of enabling another PWM to my previous project, adding some limitations, checks and more button function. Couple hours, tops since everything was already built up and organized from last time. I see the benefit of reusing code. It’s good.
FYI: I took apart the Slingatron toy to use some part. It was fun while it lasted.