Time and energy has been a little more sparse, but I did manage to get that LCD screen going.
An early problem I ran into was with the SPI not being ran fast enough. Thanks to my trusty logic analyzer, I could see my timing was way off and adjusted things accordingly.
Since I’m building a code base for myself, and because I was a little down in my mood, I started transcribing command registers and parameters from the datasheet into a comprehensive header that makes more sense to me. It was time consuming, but since doing that, I’ve gained a much deeper understanding of what is and needs to go on to drive the LCD. As I continue, I can tweak more and more settings, and fine-tune my display for my particular setup. If I move to a different setup, that should be just as easy to tune. Pictures and Code later